It must have been late at night when I drafted the trouser pattern, because when I got to sewing it up this morning I find the fly is on the outside of the leg!!! ARGH! No baby I know is constructed that way. I feel such an idiot. Am going to have to bodge a new fly at the front of the trousers, because I don't want to cut out a whole new set.
In other crochet news, I had a request to sell items made on my stegosaurus design. I'd like to keep this pattern free for home use at the moment, so I'm trialling selling a license for commercial use. If you're also interested in selling your handmade stegosaurus, contact me!
I'm starting on my next crochet pattern: "hello chameleon". I wanted to challenge myself to do something stripy and spirally, so we'll see how that goes. I'm going to do some quick tests later to see if I can find a construction method with fewer yarn breaks, perhaps by using taller stitches or reversing the stitch direction.
Time to take pictures of my finished long-sleeved baby shirt! I love having my sewing machine downstairs: I can get so much done, even though most of it is mending.