Thursday 23 January 2014

Slowly eating custard pudding.

I'm so excited!

I'm just casting on for a new top for Baby Button (hereafter, "Toddler Button").  It's the Poseidon tank top by Amber Bertram.  Toddler B already has one that my friend made and it's so useful and excellent that I used the excuse to make another one.  What is exciting is my new yarn:


Isn't that just the scrummiest?  Yellow is Toddler's favourite colour (he only colours with yellow crayon, builds yellow blocks and only sorts yellow shapes etc.), and it's so sunny and happy.  Also, it goes with blue jeans, and all boys clothes from the shops are blue, grey or brown.  Boooo-ring.

The yarn is a custom order from my friend Mrs Fleece Cottage Yarns.  It's a 100% merino superwash DK yarn in colourway "Slowing eating custard pudding".  (see here).  It's delightfully squishy and looks like it should make my stitches appear super neat.  We'll see how that goes...

Did I mention I was excited to cast on?

No comments:

Post a Comment